Facts about the raw honey
The raw honey is one of the natural tools for health protection. Throughout centuries multiple cultures use it for medical purposes worldwide – from wound treatment to sore throat. Due to its natural stimulants of the immune system, the raw honey is a wonderful thing that you should have during the winter months.
What are the benefits of the raw honey?
- A natural source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- It has a positive effect against obesity, though this might sound paradoxical. The simplest recipe says: “Drink honey with warm water and lemons when you’re hungry!”.
- The honey has more calories than the sugar but it helps the fat burning process in the body.
- The honey is a wonderful source of natural energy, which is at a higher level than other conventional sources because it goes hand in hand with natural nutrients. Just add honey to the water that you drink during workouts. The ancient Olympians have consumed honey and dried figs in order to increase the efficiency of their abilities.
- It helps to regenerate the vision. 2 teaspoons of honey + carrot juice every day give a tangible effect on the vision.
- It relieves sore throat. Try adding a spoon full of raw honey in teas, in order to relieve your sore throat. The raw honey perfectly matches fresh ginger and lemons in your hot tea!
- A nice prophylactic tool against cardiovascular diseases. It improves the blood circulation.
- It relieves burnt areas and could be used as a disinfectant tool to heal wounds.
- It contains phytonutrients that have anti-cancer and anti-tumour properties.
- It relieves colitis, gastritis and ulcer.
- Kills the bacteria that cause acne. It could also be applied externally to heal acne.
- Cleanses the liver and colon from parasites.
- Helps against anxiety.
- Helps against dandruff problems.
- It hydrates the skin really well.
2.The honey is a delicious additive in the kitchen
The raw honey could be really flexible when it comes to cooking. It could be added to salad dressings, marinade, over cooked vegetables and in many desserts.
3.A large natural replacement of the refined sugars
The raw honey works really well when used instead of refined sugars. Try adding any kind of raw honey instead sugar in your tea, pastries, oats, yoghurt, curd, raw foods, etc.!
It has an exceptional chemical content that keeps it fresh for unlimited time, without expiring. There have been found entirely preserved ancient pots full of honey during the excavation of the older Egyptian tombs. The honey has an extremely low content of moisture that hinders the development of bacteria and microorganisms.
Large amount of the honey that we consume nowadays is far from its natural state. It is known that some traders mix corn and sugar syrups and try to sell it as honey. The honey in the stores is usually pasteurised or thermally processed at high temperatures. These processes could kill some of the antioxidants, nutrients and enzymes, sensitive to heat. In order to make it look transparent and golden, it is often filtered. Unfortunately, this process removes the super-nutritious bee pollen- one of the best parts of the honey! On the other hand, the raw honey is as close as possible to the natural state of the honey – directly from the beehive. It is often crystalized and might look a bit opaque but this is a good sign. This means that the honey has not been filtered or pasteurised, the bee pollen has not been removed and its antioxidants have remained undisturbed.
The honey is not suitable for children under 12 months because it might contain bacteria that cause botulism.
VM Organic honey is raw, unheated, unprocessed, unfiltered and comes directly from our organic certified bee garden. We offer acacia honey, linden honey, lavender honey, herbal honey and herbal honey with walnuts at reasonable prices. Visit our online store at vmorganic.nl and make your choice!